Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Are You Stressed?

Hi all,

As Tuesday winds itself down, are you finding yourself stressed?  You all realize that this is November and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  Then before we all know it, it will be December and we will be preparing for the Christmas Holidays.  My very favorite time of the year. 

I'd have to say that I'm not stressed right now, but I am busy.  Making your own hand made Christmas cards is very time consuming and tedious.  I created some very special cards today, and they took me a long time to make.  I worked about two hours last evening, cutting things out in preparation for them and then I only got four done today in about two and one half hours.  Each one is different, so it's not like mass production them.  I now have thirty cards finished and a long way to go yet.

Yesterday, I got the crazy idea that I'd like to hand make a door prize for my Red Hat Christmas party in early December.  So, I started it last evening and worked on it this afternoon while watching television.  It's looking quite good and now I'm not sure if I want to give it away.  I just may end up keeping it for myself.  My friend, Donna, stopped in tonight and I showed it to her.  She said she'd be upset if she didn't win it!  Decisions, decisions?

I need to get back to my writing one of these days, but I don't know when that will be.  My sister, Carol, drove up to Pa. yesterday for a two week visit.  She's staying with my brother, but she and I will be spending a good bit of time together while she's here.  I don't get to see her very often, so I like to take advantage of the time I get with her.

I know that with the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays fast approaching, everyone will be quite busy and that causes a bit of stress.  Make sure you keep some time just for yourself.  Pick up a good book and sit and read or take a nice hot tub bath to relax after a stressful time.   Be good to yourself.  If you are not good to yourself, you can't be good to anyone else.  Remember that! 
Susan

No comments: