Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Weekend's Finally Here!

Hi all,
Well, today's Saturday, so what's on your schedule for the day?  It's to be a nice day, until perhaps later this evening, when we are to get some rain from Tropical Storm Bill.  So, that being said, if you want to go swimming or picnic or anything else outside, make sure you do it this morning and afternoon. 

I've mentioned to you all before that we have a very close friend who is dying from cancer.  The situation is very sad, to say the least.  He is getting worse by the week and I believe that God will soon take him home to be with Him.  I just pray for a painless passing and a quick one.  He is such a wonderful man, husband and father.  I know how hard this will be for his wife and son, who is only ten years old.  But, I know God will help them to get through every step they take.  I've been praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet for this man, as well as my family and friends, almost every day.  Jesus told St. Faustina that if someone sings or prays the Chaplet when a person is dying, that He promises to intervened upon their death and take them directly to heaven.  That's what I want and pray will happen to this man.  I also pray that after he passes, God will stay with his wife and son and help them to move on with their lives.  I know it won't be easy, but with God's help, they will do just fine.
If you'd care to pray for them, I'd certainly appreciate it.  I believe strongly in the power of prayer!

My Red Hat group has a get-to-gather this afternoon.  It's being held at my daughter and son-in-law's home.  She joined my group last year so she would have more time to spend with me and our friends.  She is not officially a "Red Hatter" because she's under 50 years of age, but she's a "Pink Hatter."  There won't be too many of us there, as some of them can't make it.  Our husbands will be there also, which is nice.  They have in-ground pool, so anyone who wants to swim will be able to do so.  I just hope that the humidity isn't too high, or I'll be sitting inside by myself. 

Well whatever you're doing today, try to put some creativity into it.  Have fun and be safe. 

I need to get back onto my manuscript.  I like to work on it in the morning hours, because the house is usually quiet then.  Three mornings this week, I went to visit my best friend who is in a Rehab. hospital for therapy.  So, I've had very little time for writing and I'm not happy about that.  I'm almost finished the novel and I'm getting anxious now.  I haven't seen my little friend, whom I'm teaching to draw, using only pencils, for a while now.  I hope he doesn't loose the desire to draw before I get to sit down with him again.

Whatever you're doing today and tomorrow, remember to keep God in your plans. 
Susan

No comments: