Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I hope it was fun...

Hi everyone,

As far as my title, I am referring to your Thanksgiving weekend.  Wherever you were, I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving Day with family and/or friends.  My husband and I were with two of my daughters and their families and I so enjoyed myself.  Of course, we had turkey with all the trimmings, which was delicious.  My youngest daughter, Candy,  hosted our dinner and this year she decided she'd fix the entire meal on her own.  That was so nice of her and of course, I wouldn't have minded taking some dish for the meal. 

On Friday, I left for Ocean City, Md. for a girls weekend with my oldest daughter and six friends.  Although I couldn't do all the shopping they were doing, I enjoyed spending time by myself in our hotel room while they shopped.  Just being at the beach is very comforting for me.  So, thank you to my daughter Mari, Linda, Leanne, Lori, Grace, Judy and Isabel for a fun filled, few days for me.

Well, now it's time to start preparations for the Christmas Season.  Today I wrapped, in tissue paper, about forty hand crocheted scarves, which I made for a local nursing home.  I attached a Christmas card to the front of each and signed it, "A Friend!"  I also started wrapping some Christmas gifts for my family, plus I did two loads of laundry.  So, I guess I accomplished a few things today!  How about you?  I suppose most of you went back to work today.

Perhaps next week, I will start preparing some of my Christmas candy and/or cookies.  I definitely need to continue wrapping gifts.  I also plan on starting to address my handmade Christmas cards this week, but I won't mail them until about the 10th of December.  Do you all send Christmas cards out?
I believe Christmas cards are one of the few "greetings" that are mailed anymore.  So much of that type of thing (get well, birthday, anniversary and just "how are you" greetings) are mostly done electronically now.  That may be the way of the future, but it's not my way, it never has been and never will be.  I suppose I'm just old fashioned in that respect, and that's okay with me.

I hope you all have a good week.  Be safe always.
Susan

No comments: