Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Hi folks,

So, how's your week going thus far?  I hope it's going well, but even if it isn't, there's always hope that the remainder of the week will go better for you. 

My week is going like it usually does, fast!  I can't believe that tomorrow is Thursday already.  Perhaps partly because when I got up on Tuesday morning, I thought it was Monday.  That went on for a few hours before I finally realized that it was Tuesday, not Monday. 

I have been indoors for many days now.  I can't be outside with this humidity we've been having for the last ten or so days.  I'm not complaining thought,  because I can always find something creative to do. Actually, I've been tossing around the idea of starting a new manuscript.  I've been praying about it and I have an idea for another novel.  Now I just need to take the time to do some research and write down some of my ideas for my topic. 

I started reading Stephen King's novel, "Joyland."  I can't seem to put it down.  I only have a few pages left in it, so first thing tomorrow morning, it will be finished.  I love his books and I so admire his great imagination.  I just can't ever imagine myself coming up with the plots he comes up with every time.  I've read so many of his books and I've loved every single one.  He has always been my favorite author.   God certainly blessed him with a wonderful imagination.

I was listening to the Solid Gold Oldies on television this evening and I learned that Bobby Darin died in 1973.  I'm not sure I ever knew he died so young.  I looked it up and found that he died from a heart condition.  Of course, I have always loved his music when I was in my teens, but I have to say that I love listening to his music today, because my Dad just loved Bobby Darin.  Every time I hear his song, "Mack the Knife" I can close my eyes and picture my Mom and Dad dancing to it.  It brings me great joy when that happens.  Mom and Dad both passed away many years ago and I miss them all the time. 

It's funny how certain songs from the 40's, 50's and 60's, take me to such a happy place. I think it's because I was a child during most of that time and my world was all about music and dance.  American Bandstand was my favorite television show.  It seemed like such a simpler time back then.  I guess that's because it was, that's for sure, at least for me.

I've taken a little break from my creating security blankets for children in hospitals and started working on hand embroidered table runners and table covers.  They will be used as Christmas gifts.  What have all of you been working on in the creative line? 

What's up for your weekend?  Not much for me, which is normal for me.  My husband is golfing on Saturday.  I'm glad he gets the chance to golf.  He loves the sport and that makes me happy. 

I guess I better close for now.  Be safe always and stay cool.
Susan

No comments: