Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Thursday evening!

Hi all,

How is your week going, thus far?  If your answer is 'no so well', have no fear, because tomorrow is the last day of your work week.  The weekend is coming fast!  So, smile when you arrive at work tomorrow because before you know it, your Friday work day will be completed!

What's your plans for this weekend?  I hear the weather is to be a little cooler, just as it was today and will be tomorrow.  As far as I'm concerned, that's good news!  I can't wait for fall to finally be here.  I'm so tired of this hot and humid weather.  Okay, no more complaining about the weather, since there's nothing I can do about it anyways.

I'm still working on my Christmas gifts for my family.  When you create home made items, they take time to make.  I actually started last January.  I love creating hand made items.  Hopefully, one day in the future, after God takes me home, they will appreciate the things I made for them and think of me often.  I guess it really doesn't matter because I truly love creating anything hand made, whether others appreciate them or not!  It makes me feel good about myself to be using my God given talents.

Have you been doing anything creative lately?  I get so frustrated when I hear folks saying, "I can't do that!"  It's just an excuse to not even try it.  There is always something creative that each and every one of us can do.  God gave creative abilities to each of us.  The problem is that most folks don't even try anything creative. 

I realize that when you are raising children, your time isn't as available as mine is, but I can say that I have always found time to be creative.  It's a large part of my life and for this, I'm so thankful to God.
To tell you the truth, I don't know how my mental state would be if I couldn't still do creative things.  Especially since I can't do anything that takes much energy or strength.  Most of my afternoons and evenings are spent on the sofa with my feet up. 

You still have plenty of time to find a creative activity that you can learn to do efficiently.  How about trying to make something as a gift for someone for Christmas.  You may just surprise yourself and turn out something wonderful.

Have a great weekend and be safe.
Susan

No comments: