Wednesday, April 12, 2017

How's your life going?

Hi everyone,

How are things going in your life right now?  I hope the answer to this question is "not too bad."  The problem with most of us is that we tend to look on the bad side of things.  That's not a good way to go.  I try to see things as they truly are:  I'm still alive, I have a home to live in, I have food to eat, we have enough money to pay our bills, I have been blessed with a wonderful family, etc.

So, if you look at what you do have, compared to what some people don't have in their lives, then you will give thanks for your many blessings.  I believe that complaining has become a way of life for many folks today.  Yes, every person could find something to grip about without much effort.  I choose not to do that, although once and a while, I do, even though I don't want to! 

I've said over and over again, that happiness comes from the inside, not from exterior things.  That is a true statement.  I believe that here in the US, most people are never satisfied with what they have.  They always want more. 

I have simplified my life as much as I possibly can.  How about you?  Do you live with gratitude and acceptance every day, always giving thanks to God for His many, many blessings?  Or, do you envy those who have more than you do:  more money, better car, fancy new home, spectacular clothes, money to spend, and more?  If this is how you think, you will never find complete happiness and contentment, ever!

This is Holy Week.  The week we remember Jesus' Last Supper with His disciples, His crucifixion and death on Friday, and His rising from the dead on Sunday.  I hope, that while you're planning to attend Easter Egg hunts with your children and having a fabulous meal on Sunday, with family and friends, that you will remember the true reason we celebrate Easter.

I hope your Holy Week goes well.  May God be with you always.
Susan

No comments: