Friday, August 9, 2013

And the excitement is growing...

Hi all,

Well, it's finally Friday.  I'm sure that's a super good thing for all of you who work full time jobs.  But, it's nice for those of us who are retired, too.  I hope you all have some plans for the weekend, which will include some fun time for yourself.  Or maybe you'd prefer just having some alone time, time to just curl up on the sofa with a good book.  That would probably be my choice.  I love to read and I read every day.  Who are some of your favorite authors? And, what types of books do you enjoy reading?

As for me, I'm sure many of you already know who my all time favorite author is.  If not, it's Stephen King.  Being a writer myself, I can't even imagine where his ideas all come from.  I do so envy him his ability to come up with one strange thing after another.  I don't know, but I think my brain must work a lot slower than his does.

I've been working steadily on my newest novel.  It's moving along very well.  I've added some of the paranormal to this one.  I've always had an interest in that sort of thing, although I've never witnessed any apparitions myself.  Maybe someday before I die, I will.  Who knows.  I love writing. It excites me and makes me feel good about myself.

I also like Debbie MaComber, Nora Roberts, James Patterson, Harlen Coben and so many more, that I could use up this entire post naming them.  I have quite a library of my own.  Since the beginning of the year, I've donated about one hundred of them to the York Catholic High School Adult Library.  Ms. Murphy, the librarian, was so kind to me when she invited me to come to speak to some of the students about writing.  Can you imagine, me speaking to students about being an author.  To say the least, I was thrilled and so grateful for her giving me the honor.  I certainly loved being back in my almamater once again.

What have you all been up to lately?  As for me, I've been putting some craft supplies together so I can start working on my handmade Christmas cards.  I'm going to be creating some using a technique called 'Iris Folding'.  I really enjoy doing iris folding, but it sure does take a lot of time to just finish one item.  Then you still have to design and create the card.  My husband asks me if I think that the people who receive my Christmas cards appreciate all the time and effort I put into them.  My answer was, "I don't really know.  I think all of those people who do crafting, will appreciate the time and effort, as for the rest, I hope they do.  I know I've always enjoyed receiving handmade items.

Tomorrow morning my husband, Gerry will be playing golf, along with his boss and two of his sons.  He's been playing alot of golf this summer, but I'm not complaining.  I'm very happy that he gets to enjoy doing something that he loves to do, so much.  Actually, I think the summer's been going  very fast.  I can hardly believe that it will soon be the middle of August already.  I can honestly say that I won't be sorry to see the fall come.  The hot and humid weather we've had most of the summer has made it very hard for me.  I've been stuck indoors for most of the summer months. 

Well, I suppose I'm going to close for now.  I hope your weekend is a great one, as well as, a safe one.
Susan

No comments: