Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday's Mercy Minutes...

DI Banner JandF
Mercy |  Chaplet  |  Feast of Mercy   |  Petition  |  Book Shop
It should be of no concern to you how anyone else acts

(Jesus speaks to St. Faustina)

The Lord said to me, "It should be of no concern to you how anyone else acts; you are to be My living reflection, through love and mercy".

I answered, 'Lord, but they often take advantage of my goodness'.

"That makes no difference, My daughter. That is no concern of yours. As for you, be always merciful toward other people, and especially toward sinners". 

(Diary No. 1446)
Facts from the life of
Saint Mary Faustina Helen Kowalska 


Surprisingly when Saint Faustina told her parents of her desire to enter a convent to life her life as a religious sister, they were entirely against it. The following is St. Faustina's description of this event recorded in her diary:

The eighteenth year of my life. An earnest appeal to my parents for permission to enter the convent. My parents' flat refusal. After this refusal, I turned myself over to the vain things of life, paying no attention to the call of grace, although my soul found no satisfaction in any of these things. The incessant call of grace caused me much anguish; I tried, however, to stifle it with amusements. Interiorly, I shunned God, turning with all my heart to creatures. However, God's grace won out in my soul. (Diary No. 8) 

No comments: