Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Saturday, March 25 The Feast of Mercy The First Feast of Mercy    Low Sunday; that is, the Feast of The Divine Mercy, the conclusion of the Jubilee of Redemption. When we went to take part in the celebrations, my heart leapt with joy that the two solemnities were so closely united. I asked God for mercy on the souls of sinners. Toward the end of the service, when the priest took the Blessed Sacrament to bless the people, I saw the Lord Jesus as He is represented in the image. The Lord gave His blessing, and the rays extended over the whole world. ... I heard a voice, This Feast emerged from the very depths of My mercy, and it is confirmed in the vast depths of My tender mercies. Every soul believing and trusting in My mercy will obtain it (Diary, 420).

My Prayer Response:  Thank you, St. Faustina, for your description of the first celebration of the Feast of Mercy, at the Shrine of Our Lady, Mother of Mercy in Vilnius (Shrine of Ostra Brama [The Dawn Gate]). What a marvel of God's timing that it was also the world's celebration of the 1,933rd anniversary of our redemption!

No comments: