Saturday, April 22, 2017

Do you care about Divine Mercy?

Good evening,

Tomorrow is officially Divine Mercy Sunday.  That's the day we, as Catholics, celebrate the mercy that Jesus pours out onto each of us.  This became known to us back in the thirties, when Jesus appeared to a young nun whose name was Sister Faustina. 

I first learned about Jesus' Divine Mercy about six years ago.  My husband and I started watching the celebration which is broadcast from Stockbridge, Mass., from the Divine Mercy Chapel which is located there.  Their property is beautiful, to say the least. 

Every year on Divine Mercy Sunday, people travel from far and near to attend the Mass celebrated outside there.  The very first year I watched this broadcast, I was so moved and humbled, to say the least.  It was quite cold at that time, but the people didn't care.  They came and gathered for about two hours before the Mass even started.  They had children with them and there they sat in the cold, that year.  In later years they came even in the rain and last year it snowed during that time period, but they remained outside to share the Divine Mercy Sunday Mass.  It is so moving for me to watch their love and devotion to Jesus' Divine Mercy.  It's changed my life, that's for sure.

We watch it on the EWTN station, which is the Catholic TV station servicing our viewing areas.  You'll have to check where you live to see what channel it is broadcast from.  If you live in South Central PA. EWTN is on Comcast on channel 15.  It starts about 11:45 but the Mass isn't celebrated until 1:00 pm. 

I hope you can access it because I know you will be as moved as I am.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Susan

No comments: