Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Music calms the body!

Hi everyone,
Do you listen to much music?  If you do, what era of music do you like to listen to?  We have Music Choice on our television and they offer a large range of different types of music.  My choice is, and always will be, the Solid Gold Oldies.

I loved music and dance since I was about nine years old.  Of course, that encompasses the Do Wap Era and all of the Rock and Roll era, plus a few others.  I have always loved music and dancing.  One of the regrets I now have, is that I can't dance anymore and haven't been able to for the last eleven years.  Oh, I can dance a slow dance or two, but I will only last about one minute or less doing any of the dances I used to love.  Dances like:  The Stroll, the Twist, the calypso,  the Jitterbug and many others.  But, I still enjoy listening to the music from my early days and my teenage years. 

Where you into music and dancing from a young age?  I suppose I got my love of both from my Mom and Dad.  They both loved the music and dances from the Big Band Era.  Of course, as my Sister and I were growing up, they were forced to listen to the tunes from Bandstand, which my Sister and I watched every week day. 

They just don't make music like that anymore.  I can say that I've never liked hard rock music.  I do enjoy the music from singers like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and the more recent singers who sing this same type of music. 

I guess the same is true for each generation of kids.  Whatever music you grow up with is usually what you stick with into adulthood.  Although I have to admit that I do enjoy some Country Western music, as well, especially from the 90's.  Garth Brooks has always been a favorite, as well as a few others.  How about you?  What's your taste in music?  Do you like to dance?

I'm still hand making my little blankets for children who are in hospitals.  I now have 36 completed.  I've decided to work on a few Christmas embroidery projects for a little while, but I'm about ready to get back to the blankets.  I do love sitting every evening and embroidering.  I actually also do some in the afternoon hours as well. 

I hope your week is going well.  Take some time to do something that you love to do over this weekend, even if it's only for an hour.  We all need some alone time once and a while.  Be safe and may God bless each of you.  Next week is Holy Week and as we all prepare for Easter and celebrate Jesus' rising from the dead, spend some time in prayer.  We all need God's help.
Susan

No comments: