Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Who do you turn to for help?

Hi folks,

I hope your week is going well, but if it isn't, today is Hump Day, so we're now on the down side of this week.  So cheer up!  Tomorrow will be a better day!

I'd like to tell you all about something that has helped me to change my life, for the better!  It's been about seven years since I first heard about St. Faustina and Divine Mercy.  She was from a poor family and her name was, Maria Faustina Kowalski.  From a very young age, she wanted to become a nun.  She kept going to the Convent asking if she could join, but they kept turning her away, because she was just a young child.  Finally, when she was some older, they accepted her into the convent, so she could study to become a nun. 

After studying and officially becoming a nun, Jesus appeared to her instructing her to write down everything that He says to her.  So she did.  This was in the early nineteen thirties.  She took paper and every time Jesus appeared before her, she wrote down what He said.  He wanted her to help Him to save souls from perishing in hell. 

She became very ill and even though she suffered greatly, Jesus kept appearing to her and instructing her to write down everything He said.  Unfortunately, she died in her early thirties from her illness.  Her writings were saved and published in a book called, The Diary of St. Faustina."

Here's an excerpt from it:  "I desire that you know more profoundly, the love that burns in my heart for souls, You will understand this when you meditate upon my passion.  Call upon my mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation." 

He later instructed her to have a painting down just as He was appearing to her at that time.  He also told her that across the bottom should be written:  Jesus, have mercy on us.  She did just as Jesus instructed her to do.  This image is called the, "Divine Mercy Image." 

Jesus instructed Maria Faustina to let everyone know about The Divine Mercy Chaplet."  It carries so many blessings, especially if said, or sung, during the three o'clock hour, which was the approximate time when Jesus died on the cross on Calvary.  He grants so many blessings and so much mercy to all those who say the chaplet daily. 

I say the Chaplet just about every day.  If it's not always convenient at three o'clock, I say it as close to that time as I am able.  I'm sure that starting from the time Jesus was turned over to the people, was scourged at the pillar, the walk and many falls trying to carry His cross to Calvary and then until His death, took much longer than one hour. 

What I will tell you, is that since I found out about St. Faustina and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, my spiritual life and the way I look at things, has changed drastically.  I have put everything into God's hands, including my illness. 

I am so thankful that God chose to give me life over eleven and one half years ago, instead of taking me home to be with Him.  I know He has a plan for me and I try to do whatever He'd like me to do.  Creating something for someone else, be it adults or children, makes me feel very close to Jesus.  I know that He is always with me and I am so thankful for that.  Without Him, I am nothing!


This is a photo of the Divine Mercy Image.  I'm sorry it's not a very good photo, but you can get the idea from it.   The red represents the blood, and the blue represents the water, which poured out of the heart of Jesus while hanging on the cross.  He did this to give us eternal life.

Have a good evening and be safe.
Susan

No comments: