Wednesday, October 17, 2018

It's one sad thing on top of another!

Hi folks,

How is everyone tonight?  I'm sure there will be many different answers to this question.  As for me, I'd answer it by saying that I woke up this morning, thus giving me another day of life.  Also, my day was just routine, and in my opinion, that's a good thing.  I suppose that if many of you knew what my life is like, you'd think it was very boring, but I truly don't.  Since becoming ill, many years ago, I love the days when nothing mush happens.

I am working on my handmade Christmas cards for this year.  I have about thirty done and still have another twenty five or so to make.  I love creating greeting cards for my family and friends.  Although, I have to admit that I can't make them as fast as I used to do.  I can only stay in my craft room, in the morning, for about an hour and fifteen minutes, until the pain starts in my back.  But, please believe me when I say, that I am not complaining.

I am so thankful to God for His many, many blessings, especially for the gift of continued living for me.  He's blessed me with a truly amazing husband who is always there, and willing to help me or to take care of me.  I also know that my daughters would do whatever they had to do to see that I was okay.  I've never doubted that, not once.

Have you ever sat and thought about what your life could have been like?  I have.  The truth is that I was dying back twelve years ago, but God wasn't finished with me here on this earth.  For that, I am so thankful.  What He has done, is to give me a reason to life.  He's given me something creative to do as a way to 'give-back' for all His blessings.  As you may know, I have been making blankets with a hand-embroidered animal in the center of it.  I dress them and use many colors to make them look friendly and loving.  I donate them to a few institutions here in York.  Most of them have gone to the children's section of our local hospital.  I've now made close to 350 of them.  I thank God every day for His letting me know what I could do to give back.  I will continue making these as long as I am able, and God willing, it will be for a long time yet.  Here's a few photos of them.



We all should give thanks to God for all the many blessings He's given to us.  

I hope the rest of your week goes well and that you are safe.  Please pray for all those who have lost their homes recently, to storms and flooding waters.  
Susan

No comments: