Tuesday, January 22, 2019

This frigid cold can leave us anytime!

Hi everyone,
How's your week going thus far?  Mine is fine, except for this freezing cold weather and the high winds.  I am so thankful that, for the first time in two day's, the temperature in our home has, once again, reached seventy two degrees.  All day yesterday, my husband and I had long sleeve shirts on and a zip up sweatshirt.  Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, so I turned the oven on for a short time, on low, and opened the oven door then.  That seemed to help some.  Thank God that the winds died down some today.  I will be so happy to see the temps back in the thirties and forties the next few days.  Wherever you are, I do hope you have been staying dry and warm.

Can you believe that it's almost the end of January already?  Where does the time go to?  The older I become, the faster time progresses.  I've been thinking a lot about this fact lately, and I've come to the conclusion, that it's because once you are over sixty five years old, we are now on the down side of our lives.  I'm not complaining, I am just thankful that I am still living today.

I'm still making blankets for children who are hospitalized, and a few other organizations in York County.  I've now reached over four hundred, for children.  I also made about twenty for older folks who are in a nursing home.  I am so thankful that I still have the ability to do things like this, as my illness and being tired all the time, keeps me mostly on the couch with my feet up.  I've also started my greeting cards for an assortment of holidays, like birthdays and Easter, etc. for my family for this year, not Christmas cards though.  Those will be done towards the end of the year.

I hope your week goes well.  Stay safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: