Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Good evening everyone!

I just had to share this with all of you.  I am currently reading a book entitled, "The Biggest Lie in The History of Christianity".  The author is Matthew Kelly.  My good friends from my church, who bring me Communion each Sunday, brought a copy of it with them on Sunday, so that my husband and I can read it.

I'm not quite half way through, but it's a very moving book.  He talks about how Christianity is disappearing from our world today.  Just so you know, Christianity isn't any particular religion.  It applies to all those who believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  That would encompass most religions that I know of.

One question that he asks is, "Do we call ourselves holy?"  That's not any easy question to answer, but I would have to say, that I do try to be holy.  Am I always?  Definitely not, but I'm working on it.  How about you?  It takes work every single day of our lives to be holy.

Mr. Kelly suggests that we start with one minute of holiness each day.  I certainly think each of us are capable of starting there, and continuing on from there to ten minutes, and increasing the time as we can.

Okay, you're asking, what do I have to do to be considered 'holy'?  Not much at all!  All you need to do is to do something kind or helpful for someone else, expecting nothing in return.  Certainly we all are capable of doing that many times during each day.  It starts with each of us putting others before ourselves even in the smallest of things.

I will say that when I learned about Divine Mercy, Saint Faustina and how Jesus appeared to her on a daily basis, my life changed for the better.  I now feel so much closer to Jesus and I trust Him completely with my life and the lives of all those I love and care about.  That includes each of you reading this.

What I've learned is that being holy is truly not that hard.  Of course, if you do something for someone else just to get credit or be praised, then that is not being holy.  We need to do something for another human being simply because we care about all our fellow human beings.  We are all God's children and He loves us all equally.

One of the greatest sins we commit today, is the sin of 'judging others'.  We don't have the right to judge anyone else.  How do you react when someone judges you about something?  Most times, we react in a very negative fashion.  No one likes to be criticized by another person.

Acts of kindness can be the simplest small thing such as saying 'good morning' to someone, letting someone know that they are in your thoughts and that you care about them, treating someone to a cup of coffee, or something as simple as a smile.  None of us know what is going on in someone  else's life.  Even our friends don't always confide their worst fears to us.

Mr. Kelly speaks about the older generation sharing with one another that they are glad they won't be alive when their grandchildren and great grandchildren grow up in this world.  I know that's true because I often sit and wonder what this world will be like twenty, thirty or forty years from now.

Something has to change, and it can start with each of us.  Let us all try to be more holy each day of our lives.  I know, without a doubt, that there are many, many holy people out there.  I count you as one of them.  Many folks have been reading the Divine Mercy Minutes that I post daily on my blog.  That's how I know that you are holy.  Share those minutes with your friends, family or some stranger who's ahead of you in a check out line at the store.  You never know, it may just be something that will save their spiritual life.

Take care and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: