Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday's Mercy Minutes...

DI Banner JandF
Mercy |  Chaplet  |  Feast of Mercy   |  Petition  |  Book Shop
The Eve of the Exposition of the Divine Mercy Image
   
29th April 2035 


On the eve of the exposition of the Image of Divine Mercy, I went with our Mother Superior to visit our confessor [Father Sopocko]. When the conversation touched upon the Image, the confessor asked for one of the sisters to help make some wreaths. Mother Superior replied, "Sister Faustina will help." I was delighted at this, and when we returned home, I immediately set about preparing some greens, and with the help of one of our wards, brought them over. Another person, who works at the church, also helped. Everything was ready by seven o'clock that evening, and the Image was already hanging in its place. However, some ladies saw me standing around there, for I was more a bother than a help, and on the next day, they asked the sisters what this beautiful image was and what was its significance? Surely these sisters would know, [they thought] as one of them had helped adorn it the day before. The sisters were very surprised as they knew nothing about it; they all wanted to see it and immediately they began to suspect me. They said, "Sister Faustina must certainly know all about it". When they began asking me, I was silent, since I could not tell the truth. My silence increased their curiosity, and I was even more on my guard not to tell a lie and not to tell the truth, since I had no permission [to do so]. Then they started to show their displeasure and reproached me openly saying, "How is it that outsiders know about this and we, nothing?" Various judgments were being made about me. I suffered much for three days, but a special power took over in my soul. I was happy to suffer for God and for the souls that have been granted His mercy during these days. Seeing that so many souls have been granted divine mercy these days, I regard as nothing even the greatest suffering and toil, even if they were to continue till the end of the world; for they will come to an end, while these souls have been saved from torments that are without end. It was a great joy for me to see others returning to the source of happiness, the bosom of The Divine Mercy.

(Diary passage No. 421)

No comments: