Monday, December 9, 2019

Time passes so quickly!

I'm sure that most of you will agree with me that time does pass very quickly.  At least, if you are older, like I am, you will agree!

Christmas is coming very quickly.  Are you ready to re-welcome the birth of Jesus into your lives?  I hope that your answer was "yes".  I am ready!  There will be a big change for me this year and I have to admit that at first, I wasn't happy with my daughters decision.  They decided that it would be better if one of them hosted Christmas Eve, starting this year.

I do understand that ever since I became ill, that I am very tired and as much as I hate to admit it, I just want the evening to get finished.  But, tradition has always been important to me, just as it was to my Mom.  When they first broke the news to me, shortly after the first of the year, I was very upset.  But now, as we are coming closer to Christmas Eve, I am relieved that I don't have to do all that preparation anymore.

I made one batch of chocolate chip cookies today, and I don't plan on making any other cookies.  I will be making my Chex Mix and filling jars, which are decorated to look like snowmen, to give to some friends.  I am relieved that I don't have to do all that cooking for Christmas Eve  dinner anymore.  So, I guess a tradition comes to an end, and I will accept that, because things have been a bit easier for me this year, and that makes me a bit happier.

I know that as we age, change occurs whether we want it to or not.  Since 2006, I have accepted many, many changes in my life because of my health issues, and I know it's for my own good.  So, I will accept this change as well and thank God that I can at least spend a bit of time with my family this Christmas Eve.

I hope you are looking forward to this Christmas Season and make time to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ!  Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Susan

No comments: