Monday, May 18, 2015

Okay, it's now over!

Hi all,

What I'm referring to in my title, is Monday's work day, at least it's over for most of you.  When I was working a full time job, Monday's was always the worst day of the week.  I was always so busy, but the good thing about that, was that the day went very fast for me.  I hope that's the case with you all too!

How was your weekend?  Did you all do anything fun, creative or stressful?  I sincerely hope your weekend wasn't stressful, but fun.  My weekend was very nice.  I spent a lot of time with our friends.  I've told you about them before.  The husband is dying from cancer and he's only forty seven years old.  They have a young boy who will be ten years old next month.  My husband took their son along with him to play Bingo on Saturday evening.  My husband had to split one pot, but the little boy won one pot alone and he was happy about that.  I feel so helpless about the situation, but we will always be there for them, if they need us and our friendship. 

It has been storming here for the last two and a half hours.  We are in dire need of rain, so this should help us with the shortage. 

Today my youngest daughter and the little boy she babysits, came in to my house, picked me up and we headed up to the Clark's Shoe Outlet in Hanover, PA.  I found a nice pair of sandals, which she insisted she was buying me for a belated Mother's Day gift.  Afterward we stopped for lunch and she insisted on treating me to lunch, also.  I don't get to spend a lot of time with any of my three daughters, because they are so busy, what with working and all their other activities.  But, that's okay, because I do understand how busy one's life is when they are in their forties.  I did enjoy the time I got to spend with my daughter and her little waif, just as I do whenever I get to spend time with any of my daughters.  (I have three daughters and six grandsons.)

I feel like I'm neglecting my manuscript, but I just don't seem to have as much time as I'd like, to work on it.  I am not in any hurry, or on any time schedule, but I'm anxious to finish it.  Maybe tomorrow I can get back at it once again.  I soon need to do some cleaning of my house, but I can talk myself out of that chore, very quick.  How about you?

I hope your week will go well for you and that your workdays go quickly for you.  I suppose the public swimming pools will be opening this weekend to celebrate Memorial Day weekend.  If you have a membership at one of one, I hope you all have a good time and be safe.

Susan

No comments: