Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Should I or shouldn't I?

Hi everyone,

How's your week going so far?  I hope everyone's answer is "great!"  Mine is going about like normal, except I'm ready to see this rain leave us for a few days.  I know we need the rain, but I'm tired of the dreariness that comes with it.  But, since I can't do anything about the weather, I guess I'll put up with whatever comes our way.

As to my title, "Should I or shouldn't I?" refers to whether or not I should be thinking about starting to write another novel.  I do love to write, that is true.  I suppose I haven't given it much thought lately, because I've been working on my little "security blankets" which will be given to children who are in hospitals.  I now have 34 finished.  I just hope and pray that they will bring so peace and wellness to those little children who have to be hospitalized. 

As for the new novel, I guess I'll have to give it some more thought.  If you're interested in reading any of my novels or booklets, you can read them electronically, by going to www.Amazon.com and entering my full name in the search block.  I currently have about twenty to choose from.  I sincerely appreciate everyone who takes the time to purchase one for electronic reading. 

My reason for writing, besides it being something I love to do, is to make someone smile or learn something about God or their health.  God has truly blessed me throughout my entire life and I am so thankful for His always being with me.  After all, He is the reason I'm still living, even though I was born with a heart defect.  I am so thankful for Jesus' presence in my life, that's one of the reasons I am hand embroidering the security blankets for children. 

I have a pressing need to give back for all the times I've truly been blessed.  Since my life pretty much consists of a little energy in the mornings, and then me on the sofa, with my feet up for the remainder of the day.  But, I am not complaining about the way my life is.  I just give thanks to God that I am still living. 

How about you?  Do you thank God for all the many blessings He's given to you?  Or perhaps you are one of the very many people who always want and expect more?  I hope you don't fall into the second category, for your own sake.  I can't imagine living every day of my life always wanting and expecting more in life.  That seems an entirely poor way to have to live.  We all have truly been blessed.  If you woke up this morning, had enough to eat to live, and have some kind of a job to go to, you are blessed! 

I hope your week goes well for you and perhaps you will think about my words to you tonight.  Don't forget, true happiness comes from within you, NOT from exterior things!  Be safe and may God bless you always.
Susan

No comments: