Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy Thursday!

Good morning to all,

I'm still reeling from last Wednesday's school shooting in Florida.  I was watching Dr Phil yesterday, and his show hosted the couple who gave the shooter a home after both of his adopted parents passed away.  I was surprised to hear that they never had any idea that he would do something like this.  In fact, they both said that he followed house rules and was polite to them and their son.  Dr. Phil also interviewed another young man who attended that same school, who said that when they were leaving the school, with their arms up in the air, that the shooter joined him and another boy.  They were so shocked to find out later, that he was the one they were all running from.

I have been thinking back to the time of my youth, which was many years ago, but I don't ever remember all these things happening.  Dr. Phil said that just this year, we have had 17 school shootings, which comes out to about one every three days.  That to me is horrific!

I can't help wandering if some of these situations developed because of the over-usage of the electronic era.  I realize that electronics has definitely brought us into a different time, but is it a better time?  In many ways, I think not!  Yes, we had some instances when I was in school, but nothing as bad or as violent as we have today.  Even when my children were still in school, things of this magnum weren't occurring.  So, I ask, why is this getting so out of hand? 

I agree that the age to purchase a weapon should be at least 21 years old.  But, why would anyone, other than a soldier, need an automatic weapon?  Certainly no child ever needs one and no parent should make one available to them, as well.  All guns should be kept in a locked gun case and no child under the age of 21, should have access to them, ever. 

This is just my opinion, mainly because this last shooting took the lives of fourteen, innocent  children, and three innocent adults.  Isn't that reason enough?  I don't know what I can do, individually, except to pray for these families and ask God to bring love and peace to our world, which I do on a daily basis.  Please pray for these seventeen families, so that they will find a way to live with the loose of a child, parent, son, brother or uncle. 

We all need to get down on our knees and ask God to surround us with His love and protection, for not only us, but for our families, as well.  May God keep you safe from harm and protect all those you love from danger.
Susan

No comments: