Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"Let There Be Peace On Earth"

Hi folks,

I am listening to the above song right now.  It's also my prayer for not only our country, but for everyone place in our world.  Somehow I doubt that we'll ever have "peace on earth", but I can still pray for it. 

Peace starts in our own homes, neighborhoods, cities, towns, states, etc.  It has to start somewhere.  Even if only a few of us prayed for peace it would benefit us all.  Today was the day that many high school kids walked out of their classes to protest guns in our countries. 

I've often wandered where we go from where we are now.  Perhaps peace lies within the next generation of children.  We can at least hope and more importantly pray that it does. 

My belief is that peace starts within each of us.  If a person is filled with anger, hatred, violence and many more defeating feelings, then that person needs to find love and peace within themselves first.  I think that many of the younger people of today, believe that they have a sense of entitlement.  They don't!  No one does.  When we  become adults, we have to make our way in life, just like everyone else does.  No one owes you anything.  You earn their respect through kindness, hard work and love.

The song, Here I am, Lord, is now playing and I think it's a good place for us to start.  If you've never heard this song, you can listen to it on You Tube.  Many centuries ago, Jesus tried to help the people and they turned against Him.  They crucified Him and hung Him on a cross to die.  We need to turn to the Lord and ask Him, "Here I am, Lord, what can I do to make our world a better place to live, to raise our children?"

It is my hope and prayer that our children will bring much needed changes in our cities, towns, states and everywhere.  I doubt that I'll see it in my lifetime, but I pray that it will happen within my children's and grandchildren's life time.  How about you?  Don't you pray for this change also?

Now my favorite old hymn is playing.  It's Amazing Grace.  Grace surely saved me and many more folks like me.  "I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see..."  I'd like this song to be song at my funeral, as I leave this world for a much better place.  "Through any dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come.... the Lord has promised good to me, His word my hopes secure.  He will my fortune be as long as life endures...  and mortal life shall cease, I shall possess a life of joy and peace."    "There's no less ways to sing God's praise, then when we first begun."

I pray The Divine Mercy Chaplet every day around three o'clock.  It brings such peace and calm to me.  As I pray, I envision what Jesus went through during His crucifixion and death upon the cross.  My heart also goes out to His Mother, Mary, as she clung to the foot of the cross, as her only Son suffered and died. 

I can't even begin to imagine the pain she experienced that day and for many days to come.  I pray that no one in my family dies before me.  I pray the Chaplet for protection, good health and love for my daughters, their spouses and my grandsons every day.  As well as my husbands family and both of our extended families, and our friends, neighborhoods and all those who are ill throughout the world.  

If you want to learn how to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and gather information about St. Faustina, you can go to their web page.  Just do a search on either of the above.  If you want peace and contentment in your life, praying the Chaplet every day, sincerely helps.

I hope you all are safe and healthy.  May God bless and keep each of you and your families.
Susan

No comments: