Wednesday, March 7, 2018

What are you feeling during this Lenten Season?

Hi everyone,

Lent is a very important time of the year to me.  It's a time for all of us to stop and see what kind of a person we have become.  I guess you could say it's a time to refresh your soul with God.  Of course we should be doing that daily, but many of us don't.

As for me, every morning before I have my breakfast, I read the day's reading from the Divine Mercy Daily Minutes with Jesus.  But on Ash Wednesday, I also started reading the daily excerpt from Footsteps to Mercy, which end on Easter Sunday.  Both these readings don't take much time, but the inspiration they bring to me, is phenomenal.  They only take about four to five minutes to read both of them, but they truly make me think about my life and my need for Divine Mercy every day that I live on this earth. 

They are both published by The Marian Press, in Stockbridge, Mass.  That's the home of Divine Mercy and I am so looking forward to Divine Mercy Sunday, which falls on the Sunday following Easter, every year.  We get it on channel EWTN, here in South Eastern Pennsylvania.  If you want to see something, that I promise you, will move you so very much, tune in to it around noon time on that day.  Let your problems go and just see the love and faith from the hundreds of folks that gather there on that day, just to give thanks to God and to receive Jesus' Divine Mercy.  You don't have to be a Catholic to receive this Mercy from Jesus.  It's for everyone who opens their hearts to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and invites Them into their lives.  It has become the cornerstone of my life. 

Don't get me wrong, the devil still tries to work his way into my days, but I quickly say a prayer, asking God to send the devil back to hell, where he belongs.  It's amazing how quickly my prayer is answered!  Yours can be also. 

Since I accepted Divine Mercy into my life every day, and since I started living every day with gratitude and acceptance, my life has changed.  I live every day now with faith, contentment, and thanksgiving for everything within my life, including my illness.  (If you've been reading my blog regularly, you already know that my illness changed my entire life.) 

I hope your week is going well for you.  Mine is going just fine.  I'm still creating my children's, hand made blankets with dressed, teddy bears in the center of each one.  My husband just delivered about forty of them to two different places this week and will deliver another 16 or so to another local place.  All I want is for these blankets to give a young child less fear and a little buddy to hold onto when they're frightened.  Making these blankets is my way of giving back to God for His many blessings all during my life. 

Take care of yourselves and be safe.  Pray always!
Susan

No comments: