Friday, June 26, 2020

How's everyone holding up?

I know that the past few months have been very stressful for everyone.  For all us older folks is was mostly the stress and fear of catching this virus and passing away.  For the middle generations it was the stress from not being able to go to work and bring home a paycheck.  And for the younger generation it was a lot about not being able to finish their school year and not getting together with their friends on the weekends.

As for the difference between the generations, regarding the stress, I truly can't explain it!  I, personally, don't think the middle generation have the amount of fear that us older folks do.  And the younger folks, high school and college aged kids, were just upset about having to stay home.

Even though almost all of the US is now in the green stage, it appears that the number of virus victims is rising daily.  I believe that most of this is because they don't wear masks and are just going back to their normal summer routines.  Now, more and more folks are dying every day

What can we do?  Not a whole lot....  One thing we can all do is to pray, pray and pray, over and over.  Have any of you ever had Jesus give you an answer to a problem?  I experienced His answering me today, and I followed His instructions.  I won't go into what my health problem is, but I immediately did what Jesus wanted me to do.  I am so thankful I listened to Him.  I don't have any immediate answers but some of the stress has gone away.

I am sharing this with all of you so that you will think about this and perhaps, do the same thing in your life.  God speaks to us often, by putting thoughts into our head.  But, the problem is that we don't listen to Him.  Consequently, we are not helped because we turn away from His help.

I hope you all are taking care of yourselves and staying indoors as much as possible.  There's nothing wrong with sitting in your back yard when the weather isn't too hot and humid.  It certainly helps if you stay away from other people, as much as possible.  Pick up your telephone and give your friends a phone call.  I know it seems to be a thing of the past, at least for everyone except us older folks.  But, getting a call from a loved one or close friend can cheer you up and make you smile!

Stay well and if you do go out, wear a mask and wash your hands as soon as you return home.  May God be with each of you, always.
Susan

No comments: