Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Friday, October 22   God's Will Vs. Our Self-Will A Pleasing Sacrifice to God   During Holy Mass I prayed fervently that Jesus might become King of all hearts and that divine grace might shine in every soul. Then I saw Jesus as He is depicted in the image, and He said to me, My daughter, you give Me the greatest glory by faithfully fulfilling My desires (Diary, 500).

During my meditation, I heard these words: My daughter, you give Me most glory by patiently submitting to My will, and you win for yourself greater merit than that which any fast or mortification could ever gain for you. Know, My daughter, that if you submit your will to Mine, you draw upon yourself My special delight. This sacrifice is pleasing to Me and full of sweetness. I take great pleasure in it; there is power in it (Diary, 904).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, I want to give You the greatest glory by faithfully fulfilling Your desires and so pleasing You. Take pleasure in my sacrifice, O Lord.

No comments: