Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Sunday, October 3  Union of Love  A Pure Victim of Love

October 2, 1936. The First Friday of the month. After Holy Communion, I suddenly saw the Lord Jesus, who spoke these words to me: Now I know that it is not for the graces or gifts that you love Me, but because My will is dearer to you than life. That is why I am uniting Myself with you so intimately as with no other creature (Diary, 707).

When I entered the chapel for a five-minute adoration, I asked the Lord Jesus how I should conduct myself during this retreat. Then I heard this voice in my soul: I desire that you be entirely transformed into love and that you burn ardently as a pure victim of love ... (Diary, 726).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, You know my miseries and weaknesses better than I do, but Your infinite mercy can set my heart on fire for You alone. Make me burn ardently as a pure victim of love. Have mercy on me, a sinner, and on the whole world!

No comments: