Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Are you at a stand-still?

Hi everyone,

How's your Wednesday evening going thus far?  I hope the answer from all of you is:  Good!  Mine is going pretty well.  I suppose you are wondering what I mean from my title!  Well, I suppose I could say that I am now at a stand-still with the publishing of my newest novel, "Prolonged Uncertainties."  I finished the second proof reading of the manuscript and I've completed the front and back covers.  So, now I need to review the text pages once more to make sure that the spacing is correctly done, from start to finish.  I can never figure out how they get all messed up on their own...

I am thinking that I may wait until the end of September or beginning of October to send it to the publishers.  I think I'm only going to have about twenty four copies printed this time.  Hopefully I will be able to sell the 24 copies to my family and loyal friends.  I will be putting it on KDP Amazon for electronic reading only.  I really don't want to be bothered with trying to sell the actual book on Amazon. 

I'm very excited about this novel, as I've stepped out of the box a bit with this one.  I hope my faithful readers will enjoy this change of venue from me.  I certainly enjoyed writing this one just as much, if not more, than all the others I've written.  In case you don't know, you can access any of my adult novels, children's novels, self help booklets, religious booklets and my poetry book by going to:  www.Amazon.com.  Once on their site, you can enter my full name into the search block and click to do the search.  All of my books and booklets will come up.  They are only for electronic reading though.  Did you know that you can read electronically on a laptop, PC, tablet, Iphone, Ipad, etc.  You don't need a Kindle or any other specific electronic reader.  You just need to download the Kindle app to get started.  Also, you can just borrow any of my books by signing up and using the Kindle Lending Library service that's available on Amazon.  Check it out.

I'm still doing my hand embroidery work.  I can't begin to tell you how very much I love doing these projects.  It's so comforting to me to sit and embroider.  I'm still working on my bedspread, but it's coming along very well.  I expect to complete it before too long.  Maybe in another month I will have it finished.  I'm excited to see it once it's completed.  I'll post a photo of it at that time, so you all can see how it turned out. 

Well, we're now on the short side of the work week, so all of you who still have jobs to go to five days a week, you can now breathe easy.  Just two more work days this week.  Don't think about next week, it will come soon enough!

Be safe and may God remain with each one of you.
Susan

No comments: