Tuesday, August 4, 2015

What is your passion?

Hi all,

Think about your answer before you give one.  When I was younger, I thought that most peoples passion was what they did for a living.  You know, the young adult who goes to college to become a doctor or a nurse because that what they've always wanted to be;  or the young adult who go on to play professional baseball, basketball, football, golf, tennis, etc. because that's what they've always loved to do. 

I didn't find out the truth, until I was in my late 30's, early 40's.  I took a class on finding our passion and practicing it.  What I learned was that you don't have to make your living by doing your passion.  You just need to practice your passion in your free time. 

Do you know what your passion is?  I've always known what I was passionate about.  It was anything creative:  painting, sewing, drawing, embroidery, writing, anything in the creative line.  But, for a living I did bookkeeping/accounting.

When I was in grade and high school, my highest grades were always in mathematics, but I really didn't love it.  It certainly was not my passion.  I'm glad that I was good at math because it has helped me with all our financial resources.  So, I am grateful that God let me be good in math because it's very important in your financial life.

But, I am so grateful for my creative abilities.  They give me my self-worth and for that I am so thankful to God every day.  I'll never be a well known author, but that's okay with me.  I'm doing what God wants me to do and that's all that matters.

So, what are you passionate about?  Are you practicing it daily?  Do you earn a living performing it?  If not, don't worry because it's really not necessary to earn your living doing your passion.  Just do it as often as you find the time. 

As for me, I'm still working on my bed-covering with hand embroidered squares.  I'm also working on some hand embroidered Christmas gifts and I just finished a sampler, which I am making into a pillow for my husbands great grandson.  It will state his full name, date of birth, weight and length.  The embroidery part is all done, now I just need to complete the pillow.  Then my husband will mail it to them in California.

How's your week progressing thus far?  My week is going fine.  My sister, Carol, spent almost five hours with me yesterday, but she didn't come in today.  As of now, she is planning on returning to North Carolina on Thursday.  She's been up in PA for about five weeks now.  I will miss her when she goes back home. 

Well, I'm going to say good night to you all now.  Remember that tomorrow is "hump day," so after that, you'll be on the short end of the work week.  Be safe and give thanks to God for all His blessings.
Susan

Here's a photo of a pillow I make some years ago for myself and my daughters.




No comments: