Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Happy Tuesday!

Hi all,
How's everyone doing this fine Tuesday evening?  I understand that for the next few days it's supposed to be a bit cooler and not humid outside.  I for one, am looking forward to that.  How about you?  Do you love or hate the heat and humidity?  Not that it really matters, because there's not one single thing we can do about the weather.

I can't believe that it's almost the end of August 2015, can you?  Just six more days until September 1st.  One of my daughters has been posting, for months now, posts about Christmas.  I know that some people don't like them, but, to be truthful, I love them.  Thinking about the Christmas holidays makes me feel joyful.  Oh, it's not about the gift giving, although I do love to give gifts to my family, but it's more about the joy that most people feel at that time of year.  It's a celebration of Christ's birth and it's also a celebration of love and peace for all mankind.  At least that's what it should be!  I have to tell you all that I started creating Christmas gifts back in January.  In the past few months I've purchased a few gifts for my family, but I really don't buy gifts like I used to do.  They get a few small gifts and then a monetary gift.  My Grandsons would rather have either a gift card or a gift of cash anyways.  How about your Grand  kids?

I'm still working on my hand embroidery, which will be used as gifts for Christmas.  I'm on the down side of the bedspread that I'm making for myself.  Hopefully in the next few weeks, I will have finished it.  When that happens, I'll post a photograph of it for all of you to see.  Have you ever tried hand embroidery, or crocheting, or making a garment on a sewing machine?  If not, you don't know what you're missing.  It is so fulfilling when you create something either for yourself or for another person, that's hand made.  Try it, you may just love it and people do so appreciate hand made items.

I'm already starting to think about what my next project just may be.  With winter coming, I like to have something to work on during those long winter evenings and weekends.  Any suggestions?  Of course, I will soon have to start creating my handmade Christmas cards.  I generally make around 80 of them and that takes me some time.  I will create about four or so of each style.  I need to soon come up with some styles that I'd like to use.  Have you ever tried making your own Christmas cards?  If not, you should.  It's very rewarding!

Tomorrow is Hump Day.  So for all you working folks out there, you know what that means:  After tomorrow, you will be on the downward slope of the work week, and that's a good thing.

I hope the rest of your week will go well for you and that you all have a great weekend.  I suppose the pools will soon be closing for the season.  Most of the schools, in my area, have already started.  Be safe and stay healthy and well.
Susan

No comments: