Thursday, August 13, 2015

Are you ready for the weekend?

Happy Thursday everyone,

One more work day for most of you and then you can start your weekend.  I know that's a happy thought for all of you, because that's how I thought when I was still working.  The trouble was that the weekends went entirely too fast, compared to the work week.  Oh well, there's not much we can do about that, now is there?

I watched the five o'clock news tonight and they are calling for the weather to get quite hot and humid starting on Sunday.  I suppose that's what they call the "Sultry days of August."  Whatever they want to call them, I'm not liking it one little bit.  I am so ready for summer to end and for us to have some cooler weather. A high temperature in the low 70's would be so nice about now.  Our new air conditioner needs a little rest period.   How about yours?

I have to tell you all, that I now have all thirty of my hand-embroidered squares attached to my bedspread.  I still have eight of them to blanket stitch yet, but I'm getting excited to finally finish it.  Although I have to say that I'm not in any big hurry to completeit.  I don't plan on using it until next summer anyways.

Have you ever tried hand-embroidering?  It's quite relaxing and it's such a good feeling to see a finished piece, whether it's a large project or a small one.  Don't knock it if you haven't ever tried it!
So, give it a try!
Here's one of my hand embroidered towels:


I can't believe that August is almost half over already.  Most of the local schools are getting ready to reopen for the 2015/2016 school year.  I'm sure the kiddos aren't too happy about this fact, but it's just the way things are.  Personally, I think it's good for kids to have a structured schedule, such as going to school each day.  Too much free time makes them lazy and only gets them into trouble.  That's just my opinion.

If you wanted to do something new, in the crafting line, what would it be?  I don't think I have any ambition to start anything new, partly because I've done so very many crafting projects over my lifetime.  I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.  I would like to get back to my art work, especially doing pencil art.  Maybe this fall I will give that a go once again.

I am finished proofreading my manuscript.  Now the next thing I need to do is to make a back cover for it.  I haven't really settled on what that will be yet.  I have to think about that for a few days.  I probably won't have it published until towards the end of September, although I may put it on Amazon KDP for electronic reading before then.  If I do, I'll let you all know when it's available.

I sincerely hope you all have a great weekend.  Be safe and may God bless you all.
Susan

No comments: