Monday, May 9, 2016

Another Monday comes...

Hi everyone,

Well, it was so nice to wake up to the bright shinning sun this morning, but since late morning, it is, once again, cloudy!  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  How's the weather where you are?  I had to run out for a few minutes this morning, and since then, I have an allergy headache.  I took some pills and it has helped.

Today I'd like to address the topic of death.  Okay, I know no-one likes speaking about death, but it will happen to all of us, one day.  For some it will be sooner and for others, it will be later.  I was just notified, early this morning, that my nephew's wife passed away during the night. 

I'm kind of conflicted about how I feel.  She suffered from cancer for the past nine years.  She was so strong, both for herself and her loved ones.  I give her high praise for that strength and I am so sorry that she has died.  But, I am happy that her suffering is now over.  She's been so strong, both for herself and for her family, but I am sure that it was not easy.  She was in and out of the hospital, more times than I can remember.  It was a tough battle and full of pain and suffering, so for that reason, I am glad that she is finally free of that pain and suffering.  I'm sure she is with God now and for that reason, I am happy for her.  She'll never have to suffer, for any reason, ever again.

Of course, on the other hand, I am sorry for her that she will never see her family again, or they her.  My nephew is a strong man and I know he will do whatever he has to do, for himself and for their son, who still lives at home.  My sister flew out to be with them, weeks ago and she will remain there for as long as her son needs her.  I'm glad he will have his Mother's love and help.  He will need it.

There was a poem that I loved and had read at my Mom's funeral.  I keep a copy of it in a frame on my cedar chest, in my bedroom.  In it, it says:  death is nothing at all...I'm only in another room...speak to me as you always have...share you're feelings with me...I am still here, just around the corner...call me by the old familiar names you always have! 

That poem means so much to me and it truly helped me after my Mom and Dad passed away. I thought I'd send a copy of it to my nephew.  He can share it with his family and perhaps it will help them like it helped me, at least I hope so.

How do you feel about your death?  I suppose that's a question that we don't usually think about, but perhaps we should.  I do think  about it, but then, since I suffer from chronic congestive heart failure, I suppose I should.  I recently saw a commercial on television which says, "Those who suffer from congestive heart failure never know if they will live to see tomorrow."  This fact is true and I am always aware of it. 

I am not afraid to die, but I do hope it won't happen anytime soon.  Of course, it's not up to me and you when we shall pass away.  It's up to God!  I try to ask God's forgiveness of my sins on a regular basis because I want to stay in a state of His grace.  I want to always be ready for whenever that time comes for Him to take me home with Him.  I do hope that I have many more years here on this earth, to be with my husband and my family.  I love them all so very much.

How about you?  Do you ever think about dying and what will become of your soul, after wards?  It's never too early to prepare yourself for your death, even if it's not for another twenty five or so years.  That old proverb, "Be prepared!" applies to death also.

I'm not trying to be morbid today, rather just trying to bring you all back to reality.  Two things we have not control over are:  birth and death... they are both in God's hands.

I hope that all you Mother's out there, had a great Mother's Day, yesterday.  As for me, I am blessed to have three loving and caring daughters.  They are, and always have been, my Mother's Day gift to me.  There is nothing in my life, that I am more proud of, then my daughters.  Of course, my Sons-in-law, Grandsons and my husband, are right up there with them, also.

I thank God daily, for my family and my husband, because I never know when my day will come for God to take me home with Him.  I need to always be ready.  How about you?

Be safe and take care of your loved ones, always!
Susan



No comments: