Sunday, May 29, 2016

What's up this weekend?

Hi folks,

How's your Memorial Day weekend going, thus far?  I hope you are all well and enjoying the hot and humid weather.  (lol)  Today isn't quite as humid, so I have been outside a little more often.  When it's very hot and humid, I can't stay outside because of my heart.  My chest tightens up and I can't breath.  So, I don't stay out in this weather.

Tomorrow, of course, we honor all those military service who lost their lives while serving their country.  It's very sad to think about the large numbers of men and women who encompass that total.  So, for them, I say, "we thank you for your service and valor."

What have you all been up to, anything creative?  I certainly hope so!  I have to admit that I haven't done much in the creative line, in the last few days.  I started another story to enter into a contest, but I haven't gotten very far on it.  That is definitely on my "to do" list and soon. 

I'd like to start another novel, but I haven't thought about a story line yet, and I can't start on without the story line and much research.  I've been crocheting and embroidering a lot the past couple of weeks.  I'm making Christmas gifts, but I truly enjoy doing both of these activities.  I find it very relaxing.  Do you crochet or embroider?  If that answer is "no" perhaps you should learn how, so you can relax yourself after a taxing day of work.

Today, of course, is The Lord's Day.  I hope all of you have set aside some time to give praise and glory to God.  We all owe Him so much.  I didn't have the opportunity to attend Mass this morning, but I did pray from my prayer book and I prayed The Divine Mercy Chaplet, as well.  It's so strange how I can feel the presence of Jesus while I pray the Chaplet.  I feel He is right there with me and for this, I give so many thanks to Him.  He fills me with His Divine Mercy and His graces and He allows me to do His wishes.  I am always so thankful for that.  Without God, I am nothing!  I hope you all feel this way, also.  He should always be first and foremost in all of our lives.

So, for the remainder of your holiday weekend, I wish each of you a safe and happy holiday.  May you and your families be safe and protected always.
Susan
PS:  I just came in from outside and now I have hives.  What's  up with that?  I suppose it's all the pollen in the grasses and trees.  I hope you don't have this problem.

No comments: