Thursday, May 5, 2016

Just another rainy and dreary day!

Hi all

Well, if you live in South Central Pennsylvania, then you already know that it's been a rainy and dreary week here and it's to remain this way through the weekend.  I have to tell you that I'm not liking this, not one little bit.  All this dreary weather makes me feel sleepy and lazy.  I stretched out on the sofa a little earlier, but couldn't fall asleep, so I just got up once again.  How is the weather in your little section of the world? 

Well, to change the subject, what have you been up to lately, in the creative avenue?  I finished my story that I was working on to use in a contest.  I emailed it to the publisher and now I will just sit back and wait to see if I hear from them.  I don't really care about winning the money, but it would be nice to have my story published in their book.  A person can enter up to three entries in the contest, so I was considering writing another one to enter.  I have to think about it for a few days and then I'll make a decision.  I'd kind of like to start another novel soon.

For anyone out there who is a senior citizen, and thinks that you cant achieve anything of value to you, because of your age, I want to tell you that you are wrong.  It doesn't matter what age you are.  If you  still have your mind and some intelligence, then you're never too old to do what matters most to you.  Of course, if that is jumping from a plane or going bungee jumping , then you may want to think about whether or not you want to take the chance of killing yourself. 

I've never liked being told that wasn't able to accomplish things, that is, unless I tried it and proved to myself that I wasn't very good at it.  But then, I've always had a knack for creativity and I feel so blessed for those abilities.  They certainly give me my self-worth.

It's important for people, as they grow older, that they still have self worth and believe in their abilities.  Never give up doing those things that you love, that is, unless they are illegal or damaging  to you in some way.

This is my day to encourage all of you to find your blessings and then use them to do good for someone else.  Even those sedentary folks can do something to feel good about. How about crocheting some scarves for next winter and donate them to a senior center.  They feel good having a warm scarf to put around their neck for warmth.  Or, you could use this summer to take some empty jars, fill them with some dirt and  place a small plant into them. Then add a pretty little ribbon around the bottle.  Then you can take them to a nursing home and give them out.  There's always something you can do.  Use your imagination and come up with something.

Just think about it!  Have a good day and be safe!
Susan

No comments: