Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Happy Tuesday to all of you...

Hi everyone,

 Okay, I have to say that this is the craziest weather I have ever witnessed here in South Central PA.  Almost every day in May has had some rain, with temperatures in the 50's and low 60's.  Now, they are forecasting temperatures in the 80's for the next five or six days.  I can't stand it!  We go directly from winter into summer and from summer directly into winter.  What has happened to our spring and fall months. 

One of the reasons I have always loved living here in Pennsylvania, is because of the change of the four seasons.  I used to love seeing how things change as we progress through each new season of the year.  That was one of the reasons why I would never move to California or Florida, or any of the other states where there's no big change in the seasons. 

I have my own ideas as to why the world has been having such drastic weather patterns, which have been occurring during the past few years.  I believe that God is trying to warn everyone in the world that He doesn't like the choices we have been making and that includes all the violence that has taken place throughout the world.  So many lives have been taken because of all this violence; either through terrorism, vengeance, stealing, drugs, alcohol, reckless driving and senseless killings. 

I often ask myself what I can do to change things in this world.  My answer, of course, is "not much."  But, what I can do, and each of you have the power to do, is to pray.  Pray every day for peace and content in this world. 

Each afternoon, during the three o'clock hour, I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  Jesus, Himself, told Saint Faustina, that if we recite or sing the Divine Mercy Chaplet, He will send us His mercy and graces.  Mercy is what this world needs and the only way it can obtain God's Mercy, is through us asking for it. 

I know that even back in the time of Jesus, killings and robberies prevailed.  But during that time, sins were so rampant because people were all born with original sin on their souls.  But, what we need to remember is that God chose to allow His only begotten Son, who was born as a human being, to suffer and die on that cross.  This was to save us all from being born with original sin.  So, that tells me that we should all know better today and every day. 

If you want to know more about Maria Faustina Kowalska, you can do a search using her name or you can go to:  The Association of Marian Helpers.  They are located in Stockbridge, MS.  Her Diary, which contains all the conversations that Jesus had with her directly, is available for purchase, if you so desire.

Her is an excerpt from her Diary from October 1936:  Today I heard these words:  "The graces I grant you are not for you alone, but for a great number of other souls, as well.. and your heart is My constant dwelling place, despite the misery that you are.  I unite myself with you, take away your misery and give you My mercy.  I perform works of mercy in every soul.  The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy.  My mercy is confirmed in every work of My hands.  He who trusts in My mercy will not perish, for all his affairs are mine, and his enemies will be shattered at the base of My footstool."

I wish each of you a great and blessed day today.  Be safe and may God grant each of you His Divine Mercy.  We all need it!
Susan

No comments: