Friday, September 23, 2016

Yeah, I'm happy!

Hi everyone,

Well, as you can see from the title of this post, I am very happy!  I finished my writing my manuscript this week.  Now I have started the proofing, which is not easy.  I've discovered that when I read I scan the page, reading every word, but not necessarily seeing every letter in every word.  This, my friends, makes proofreading a manuscript very, very hard. 

You see, I have to read one word at a time, no scanning.  That is very hard.  It helps to read the script out loud, so that's what I do.  Of course, I do have spell check but that only helps it your word is incorrectly spelled.  But doesn't help if I have 'there' and I meant 'their'.   I am a pretty fast typist, therefore when I'm typing my manuscript, I don't pay too much attention to what I'm typing.  My fingers just type as my thoughts form in my head. 

The title of this new novel is "Returning Home."  It's a fiction novel and it takes place in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  I contains some very happy times and some very sad situations, also.  I hope to have it published before Christmas 2016.  As soon as I am finished proof reading it, I will put in on Amazon.com, KDP, for electronic reading; as well as add a page for it, here on my blog.

Did you know that you don't need a Nook or Kindle to read electronically?  You can read novels on all most all electronic devices:  PC, tablet, laptop, cell phone, etc.  All you have to do is to download the app from Amazon.com. 

If you want, you can check out my books and booklets here on my blog, or by going to Amazon.com and putting my full name into the search block.  I hope you'll check them out and perhaps read one or two of them. 

I wish everyone a happy and safe weekend, whatever you may be doing. 
Susan


No comments: