Sunday, September 4, 2016

Happy Sunday!

Good morning, everyone,

Today is the Lord's Day, as you well know.  If you will remember, according to the Bible, God rested on Sunday, after spending six days creating this place we call the world.  How fitting, that we too, rest and give praise to God on Sunday.

I attended Mass thanks to Heart of the Nation, which is a Catholic Network, both on television and via the internet.  Also, you could celebrate Mass by tuning into EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network), which is also a Catholic network. 

You see, since I can no longer stay inside of a church for very long, because for some reason, I become extremely light headed and feel faint, I am blessed to have a choice of either of the about two avenues, to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days.  Of course, I support both of them as much as I can, as well as, my own Parish. 

So, I hope you will attend Mass today, or whatever worship service your church practices on Sundays.  Other than that, I don't plan on doing any work today, because even God wants Sunday to be a day of rest.  How about you?  Sunday should be a day spent with your family and loved ones.

I'm glad that Hermine didn't cause much distress here in Pennsylvania.  Actually, it didn't do any significant damage along the Maryland and Delaware coasts, either.  Although, from what I hear, it's to turn back toward the coastline later today and cause some heavy rains and high winds through tomorrow. 

Have you ever wandered why God permits these terrible storms, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc. to occur?  Sometimes I think it's God's way of reminding us that He does have all the power.  I believe that in this day and age, too many people forget that God is in charge, not humans!   I think when these things occur that God is reminding us of that fact. 

What's in store for you for this coming week?  As for me, I plan on spending time working on my current manuscript.  I will have soon completed it and then comes the hard job:  proofing it.  Oh well, it will eventually get finished.  I'd like to have it published by Christmas, but time will tell.

I do hope that you have a blessed Sunday, however you may be spending it.  Please take time to thank God for all your many blessings.  And yes, we are truly blessed, over and over again.
Susan

No comments: