Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hello everyone,

Happy Wednesday to all of you.  As you all know, tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day!  I want to take the time to wish every one of you a peaceful and grateful day tomorrow.  It is, of course, a day when many family members and friends get together to give thanks for all the good things in their lives.

I suppose I am wandering why we're all not "thankful" for those blessings, every single day of our lives.  Why is Thanksgiving Day, for many, the only day they actually stop and thank Our Lord?  I can't share often enough with all of you, how some years ago, I started living each and every day with Gratitude and Acceptance to God.  He has blessed me so much and I am thankful to Him for my every blessing.  My life now is, usually, filled with peace and contentment.  I can't thank God enough for giving this peace and contentment to me. 

Oh, there are times when I get a bit anxious, but those times don't occur very often any more.  Three weeks ago, I had surgery to have a new defibrillator/pacemaker implanted into my chest.  This is the third one of these I've had.  I've been pacer dependent to live, for over twenty four years now.  During this time, my anxieties kicked in and I was a bit of a mess, but I've gotten myself under control once again.  I know this was God helping me!  I prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day during the three o'clock hour.  He filled my heart and soul with His Divine Mercy and I finally got my strength, both physically and mentally, back once again.  Of course, the physical strength isn't much, but then it hasn't been for going on eleven years now.  But, I am not complaining, not at all!  I am thankful for the gift of life God has given to me.

I would like to take this time to wish each of you a very Thankful Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.  Enjoy your time with family and friends and take a few minutes to give thanks to Our Lord.  Without Him, we are nothing!
Susan







No comments: