Friday, November 18, 2016

What do you see?


Hi friends,

This is a photograph of one of my seven Christmas Cactus plants.  I've had them for a very long time now and they mean so much to me.  Some times the Christmas Cactus plant only blooms once a year or not at all.  But, most of mine are different:  they bloom three times a year!  Once being right around Easter, another time is now, at Thanksgiving, and the third time is at Christmas time.  They don't like a lot of sunshine or heat and they like a nice cool, dark spot to grow.  This particular one sits on my sun porch, so this time of the year, it's usually cooler out there than the rest of the house.  I also have two more, which are in my living room, which are also blooming.  I have two sitting on each of my two front window sills, but the two that are blooming are further away from a light source.

As you look at this photo, what do you see?  I'll share what I see when looking at my three Christmas Cactus plants that are blooming.  I see not only beauty, but also peace and hope.  When I look closely at them, I have to smile, because they receive care and concern from me.  I suppose what I truly see is God in His glory!  What could be better then that?


  Now, what do you see when you look at this photograph?  The beauty of the sky, both in the morning as the sun is rising and in the evening as it is going down, mesmerizes me.  When I look at this photo I see God in all His glory.  He gave us all these beautiful things to stand and look at, but most people don't take the time to bother to see what's right in front of them. 

As human beings, we often get so wrapped up in our own problems and what's going on in our daily lives, that we complain about everything that's not going well for us.  So many don't ever appreciate what they have been given.  They always want and desire more:  more money, more fancy clothes and things, more fame, more love, more happiness, more of everything.  As for me, I have everything that I need, as long as God remains in my life and home. 

What we all need to do is to stop and see the beauty, peace and love, that God provides for us every single day of our lives.  Be thankful for what you have, and don't keep asking for more.  Practice gratitude and acceptance every single day of your life.  It's the only sure way to obtain peace and contentment within yourself. 

Have a great weekend.  Perhaps you'd enjoy going for a drive either at sunrise or sunset and look at God's beauty which is there almost every single day for us.  Be safe!
Susan

No comments: