Thursday, November 10, 2016

Will there ever be peace in this country?

Hi folks,

How's your week been going?  I hope a bit better than mine, but I'm not complaining as some good things have occurred.  Since I had surgery last Thursday, each day has gotten a bit better.  I'm not so sore anymore, but I still have some pain.  Tomorrow I go to have the staples removed.  Maybe then some of the pain will subside.  At least I hope so.

I have been so sick of all the commercials regarding the Presidential race for the last couple of months.  The closer it got, the worse they became.  I have never understood why a person has to put down another person in order to be elected to anything!  If you are an honest, good person, with some good plans for whatever office you're running for, shouldn't you be able to win on your own good attributes?  Apparently not!

Now it's the violence that has erupted across the US since the election.  When does it all stop?  I admit I'm not real happy about the outcome of the election, but we need to move on now.  I haven't been on social media much the last two days because I can't stand all the negativity. 

On a brighter note, the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Seasons are fast approaching.   That definitely excites me!  I truly love this time of year.  It should be a time when we give thanks for all the many blessings we've been given by God and also a great time of joy as we look forward to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  I can't believe that we're almost into the middle of November already.  How about you?  Do you share my love of these two seasons?  I sincerely hope so, because I believe that this may help to settle some of the unrest within our country. 

I hope your upcoming weekend is a wonderful one, filled with family gatherings and fun times for all of you.  Love each other because we never know how long our lives will last. 
Susan

No comments: