Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happy Thursday!

Hi everyone,

We, here on the North Eastern coast of the US are still trying to dig our way out of a horrendous snow storm which fell on Tuesday.  We had about 16" to 18" of snow.  My hope is that since it's already past the middle of March, that it won't stay around for very long.  I love to see the sight right after a snow, but that's about it for me.  It's also been very windy and cold here.  I just stay indoors and enjoy the warmth. 

My husband did the shoveling that needed to be done.  We had a gentleman approach us to see if we wanted to hire him to help with the shoveling.  So, my husband did, which made me very happy.  You see my husband isn't a young man any longer, even though he hates to admit that.  I worry about him and his health. 

Well, as far as I'm concerned, spring can arrive at any time.  Although I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity that the summer brings.  At least during the summer months, there's no snow to shovel and no slippery roads, causing car accidents.

I'm still working on my security blankets for young children, although I have taken a little break from them to work on my Christmas gift card/money holders.  I'll probably switch from one to the other for a while.  I just have to do something constructive while sitting on the couch with my feet up most of the day. I can't tell you how thankful I am, that God blessed me with strong creative abilities.  He knew just what I needed so that I wouldn't let my illness depress me.  I thank Him every day for His many blessings. 

Before I fall asleep every evening, I spend some time with my Lord.  I don't know if I'm doing all that He wants me to do to help others, so I ask Him to let me know what His wishes are for me.  It's funny how He always lets me know in one way or another.  Usually, it's a thought that comes into my head and I just know that it's God speaking to me.  I have been so blessed though out my life. 

Don't think that because I said that, that I've never experienced any sadness or losses.  I have had both, many times over throughout the years.  But, I am still alive and I am thankful for that.

How about you?  Do you realize just how many blessings God has given you through out your life?   Or do you concentrate on what you don't have?  He gives us what we need, but not always what we want. Remember that no one knows what is best for us, except God.  Put your trust in Him.

I hope you all are safe where ever you live. Have a good Friday tomorrow and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: