Monday, May 1, 2017

Today is May 1, 2017.

Hi folks,

I can't believe that today is May the first already.  It seems like we just celebrated Christmas and New Years Day.  Where does the time go?  The older I get, the faster the time flies. 

For all of you who live in PA, we are having some very bad storms coming through this evening and during the overnight hours.  There are tornado warnings out for a lot of the cities and towns.  Please be careful and if the weather turns bad, please take cover in a safe place. 

I understand, according to the news reports, that storms did a lot of damage throughout parts of Pennsylvania today.  Please pray for these folks who lost everything, including their homes.  I ask God to stay with them and help them to recover from today's losses.

I assume, if you follow my posts regularly, that you have already read about Jesus' Divine Mercy.  It started with a young girl by the name of Maria Faustina.  She had a great desire to become a nun, starting when she was a very young child.  After finally fulfilling her desire to become a nun, Jesus started appearing to her and telling her things/  He instructed her to write everything down so she wouldn't forget anything.  So, she started keeping a diary, recording everything that Jesus spoke to her about.  Jesus wanted Faustina to tell people about His Divine Mercy, which He wanted to give, freely, to each of us.

I first discovered about St. Faustina (she was declared a Saint a few years ago by the Catholic Church), about seven or eight years ago.  I purchased her diary and I started to learn everything I possibly could about Jesus' Divine Mercy.  I will tell you frankly, that it has changed my life. 

St. Faustina taught us how to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which was instructed by Jesus.  I try very hard to pray the Chaplet every single day, during the three o'clock hour, which is considered to be the hour when Jesus finally died while handing on the cross.  It only takes about twelve to fifteen minutes to pray the chaplet. 

One reason why I pray the Chaplet daily is because Jesus told St. Faustina that if a person lives a good Christian life and prays the chaplet everyday, He will intercede upon their death and take them directly to heaven.  They will not have to make any amends for any sins they've committed during their lives.  I believe this because Jesus, Himself said it!

I try my very best to live the life of a good and faithful Christian woman.  I am a Catholic and I will always remain a Catholic, that is my religion.  I have a very strong faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 

I can sit quietly, when I'm alone, and look back over my last 68 years and I can plainly see all the times that God was right by my side, always.  Considering that I was born with a heart defect and will soon turn 69 years old, say it all!  How about you?  As we grow older, death enters our minds more quickly and more often.  Make sure you are in good standing with God.  Now is the time to make any changes you need to make, if you want eternal happiness with Our Lord.  I do!  How about you?

I hope your week goes well and that you stay safe.
Susan 

This is the Divine Mercy Image.  Sorry it's not a good picture.

No comments: