Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Happy Wednesday!

Hi everyone,

Smile, you're now over the half way mark for your work week.  Well, that is if you work a Monday through Friday work week.  As for me, one day is pretty much like another.  I haven't worked for the past thirteen years.  I was put on disability eleven years ago after ending up in the hospital, close to death.  I now live every day of my life with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, but I am definitely not complaining.  I give thanks to God every day that I wake up.  He has truly blessed me many, many times over and for this I am so grateful.

Can you believe that tomorrow is June 1st. already.  Where did the month of May go to?  It certainly moved along quite fast, didn't it?   Do you have any plans already made for the summer?  The only plans I have would be to stay indoors most of the time, as I can't be outside in the heat and humidity because of my heart failure.  But, I'm okay with that.  I can always find something to do in the creative line. 

My Sister, Carol, has been visiting PA for the past five weeks and I've so enjoyed her visiting me many times each week.  She and I, along with a few other lady friends, spent four days last week in Ocean City, MD.  I truly enjoyed spending all those hours with her.  With my illness, I never know if this will be the last time I will see her or not.  She usually comes up about once a year for four to six weeks.  I am just blessed to have had this time with her, as she'll be returning home to NC in a few days

She and I both agree, and I'm sure that our Brother would agree also, that we had a wonderful childhood and loving, caring Parents.  What more could we have asked for?  As far as I'm concerned, we had the best childhood and children could want.  Don't get me wrong, my Parents had very little money, but my Dad worked a full time and a part time job to keep us going.  When my brother started school, Mom went to work full time, in a sewing factory, to help out. 

The three of us kids were raised with good values, morals, ethics, manners and a strong faith in God.  We were truly blessed in that way.  They saved money to put all three of us through Catholic Schools, which even then, wasn't cheap by any means.  But it was important to the both of them, even though my Dad wasn't even a Catholic. 

I am so thankful to Mom and Dad for all they gave me.  Not just the things I mentioned above, but for the ability not to loose faith in my own abilities, and my everlasting faith in God.  I love them so much and I pray that someday I'll be with them in heaven.

I do hope that you all had a good childhood, also.  It's so important to a child to be raised by God fearing parents who teach their child right from wrong.  I tried to raise my three daughters that exact same way and from where I stand, I did just that!  I am so proud of my girls and I see that they raised their sons that exact same way.  I hope Mom and Dad are looking down on all of us and smiling for the good job they did as Parents.

I hope the rest of your week goes well.  Be safe and trust in the Lord. always.
Susan









No comments: