Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Good evening, everyone!

Hi folks,

How's our week going thus far?  Mine is going okay.  I am trying to do a bit of cleaning each morning because my house needs cleaned.  Oh, it's not filthy, but it starting to show a bit of dust here and there.  I am not, by any means, a cleaning fanatic! How about you?  I have too many other things I can be doing:  reading a good book, working on my security blankets for kids in hospitals or talking to a friend on the phone.  As you by now guessed:  Cleaning isn't my favorite thing to do anymore.

Well, it looks like the next couple of days will be strange, weather wise.  It's to be only in the mid sixties tomorrow, but by Monday, it's to be ninety degrees.  What is up with this strange weather?  I, for one, do not like it one bit.  But, since I can't do anything to change it, I suppose I'll just have to live with it, now won't I?

Can you believe that it's already June 6th?  I certainly can not.  It seems like just a short time ago, we celebrated Christmas and welcomed in 2016.  Time moves by so quickly for me, which surprises me so much.  One would think that when a person lives a very sedentary lifestyle, and by that, I mean me on the sofa with my feet up, time would go slowly.  Well, it doesn't. 

I am so thankful for the fact that I'm still alive, no matter how fast or slow time goes by.  It's hard for me to realize that over eleven years ago, I was very close to death.   I give so much praise to God for His giving me more time on this earth.  My family means so much to me and although I don't see them too often, other than my husband, I am so thankful that I am alive to hear what's going on in their lives.  I'm also very thankful for as much time to be with my husband as God allows me.

I'm still creating security blankets for young children who are in hospitals.  I now have sixty-eight of them completed.  They take about five hours to do one.  Here are some photos of them:






I hope the children who receive them will love them as much as I have loved the time I spent creating them.  They are approximately 30" x 36".

Well, I hope your week goes well for you and that you have something fun planned for the weekend.  Or, at least something relaxing for yourself.  Be safe and may God bless you always.
Susan

No comments: