Saturday, August 19, 2017

Happy Saturday evening, folks!

How's everyone doing this evening?  I hope you all are doing well.  I'm sure that many of you are spending your weekend running around or doing errands, but I hope that you will have some time for yourself and your family tomorrow, Sunday.

I have been trying to make time to finish my manuscript, but I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on it.  Why?  You got me!  It just seems that my days pass so quickly.  I will say that I did manage to finish my cleaning this week.  It's getting harder for me to do my own cleaning, but I will continue do it, until I can't anymore.  I'm not really worried anymore, if my house is a bit dusty.  I just do the best I can and that's good enough for me.  Of course, if I didn't have a Roomba, I wouldn't be able to do it at all.  If you are wandering if the Roomba works, the answer is "yes" it does.  I love it!  This is our second one and they keep improving them all the time. 

I've finally given away all my small, security blankets for children in hospitals.  I decided to keep them local, if possible.. Of the seventy I made, 26 went to Hershey's Children's Hospital and the remainder of them, went to The York Hospital's Children's Ward.  I will make some more of them, but probably not until October and November.  I'm going to put either Santa or a snow man on those, since they'll be given out just before Christmas.

I was trying to decide what my next project should be, as my way of 'giving back' for all my blessings.  So, two days ago, I tried something new, a Teddy Bear, which turned out pretty good.  My husband said he thought it was cute.  So now I have two finished and have started on four more.  These are also for children.  I've never tried anything like this before, but I'm always willing to try to do something new.  I thank God for my creative talents every day.  He has truly blessed me in so many ways.

I hope the remainder of your weekend goes well for you all.  Please stay safe and pray, pray, pray.  It's the only way that this country and our world, will ever stay safe for our children and grand children. 
Susan

No comments: