Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Is it true?

Hi everyone,

My title refers to the fact that it's now August already.  The summer months are flying by, but then every month, be it winter, fall, summer or spring, flies by to me.  Time in general goes so quickly the older you become. 

Oh there is a day here and there, that moves along very slowly for me, but they are the rarity in my life.  Generally, that kind of day would be one that I spend entirely alone, especially if it's a weekend day. 

My generation, when we were young, were taught that Saturdays and Sundays, were considered 'family' time.  I can't really remember a time when my Dad worked, even in garden, on a Sunday.  He did on Saturdays, because he worked full time at The York Barbell Company.  It was the only full time job my Dad ever had.  The company itself, wasn't well known when he started.  Some of the other employees were hired at the same time as my Dad.  To me, that's dedication, when a person stays at the same job all of their adult life.  Even when they could probably make more money elsewhere.  Dad was so good at his job as Traffic Manager.  I suppose it was from him that I learned good work ethics.  So, thanks Dad for teaching me how to be a hard worker at a job  Of course, I haven't worked for many years now, because I have been medically disabled since 2006. 

To change the subject a bit, I have to say that there is so much about how things are done today and the way people are so unkind to one another, that I'm almost glad that I am old now.  I fear for how this world will be in another twenty-five or so years.  Whatever happened to all the rules we were taught as children, from our parents and in school every day?  Sometimes I think that parents today must be too tired to teach their kids how to be polite to others, how to say 'thank you' and 'no thank you', 'May I please have...,' and so many other things that I taught my kids.  It's called being polite.  Perhaps that word isn't even in the dictionary today.  Oh, I forgot, who uses a dictionary today???
Well, I occasionally still do.  I'm not sure that proper spelling even matters today, what with all the short cuts in spelling that are used today.  I'm sorry, but I'm old school and I like it that way!

Another thing that bothers me today is when you're speaking with someone, mostly the younger generations than me, they can't even look directly at you and answer you.  They are looking at their cell phones and barely paying any attention to you, or whoever is speaking to them.  Personally, I don't put up with that behavior from my family members.  Of course, they already know that about me, so they are pretty careful how much attention they pay to their phones when they're in my presence.  I'm sorry, but I just think that it's rude!  What do you think?

How's the weather where you are?  We had one bad storm pass through this afternoon that did some considerable damage in parts, in this area.  Once again, the end of our street, where it intersects with a major road, was flooded.  What surprised me was how the cars just kept flying through the intersection.  They didn't even slow up.  The water was up over the curbs on all four sides of the road.  Why is everyone always in such a hurry these days?  Half the time they don't even pay any attention to yellow lights or even sometimes red ones. 

Okay, I'm done complaining for the evening.  Besides, it doesn't make any difference anyways, now does it?  I hope the rest of your week goes well.  May God bless you and keep you and your families safe.
Susan

This is one of the Christmas Table runners I made.  Sorry, it's not a great photo of it.

No comments: