Tuesday, August 8, 2017

What is your passion?

Hi folks,
How's everyone doing this evening?  I hope all is well with you and your family.  As far as I know, my family is all doing well and I am so thankful for that fact. 

As for my title tonight, I've been thinking about how so many of us go through life never finding our true passion.  You know, what you'd really love to do with your life.  Of course, for many of us, we grow up,  get out on our own, get a job doing whatever we can to make money to live, and so often  stick with that job for many years.

Some years ago, I went to a seminar entitled:  "What are you passionate about?  I always assumed that what we choose as our profession, was our passion, but somehow I knew that couldn't be right, because all though I was really good working at finances, I knew I wasn't passionate about my work.  Oh, of course, I did the best I could, always, at my job.  But I have to admit that it wasn't what made me happy.  It just paid the bills. 

After attending that meeting, I realized that my passion was doing everything that was creative.  I've truly been blessed with many, many creative abilities and I'm so thankful for them.  But it was my beloved Mom who showed me how to do so many things in the creative field, that helped  make me the woman I am today.  I will always be thankful for all her help. 

I was a middle child and I don't know if you believe that many middle children have a drive that just doesn't stop them from doing what they love.  I can remember so many times, as a teenager, when my Mom showed me how to sew, that my attitude always was:  I can do it, unless I prove to myself that I positively can't do it.  I still feel that way today.

I also learned from Mom that anything you do you should do it to the best of your ability.  This is the way I've tried to live my life and taught my daughters.  I never understood how someone could just stand there and say that they can't do something, if they've never even tried to do it. 

Whenever I show someone else how to do something in the creative line, I always tell them to just do the best they can and that will always be good enough.  Also I tell them that when you're doing anything by hand, it never will be absolutely perfect.  For heavens sake, even machines don't always produce perfect items, now do they. 

So, if you've been wandering where your passion lays, look deep inside yourself.  What is it that you would have always loved to be able to do, but never tried?  Well, now's the time, just try it!  You'll never know if you will be good at it, if you never try.  Don't forget this:  Practice makes perfect, or at least gets you closer to perfect each day.  Don't give up on your dreams.  If someone my age can take on line classes, you certainly can do it also.

My advice to you today:  Don't ever give up on yourself and always find out what you are passionate about and then learn how to do it.  Don't put it off because the day to start may never come.

Have a wonderful week and be safe always.
Susan

Here's one of my creations:  It's a table runner I made for my Grandson and his partner, who both love dogs..


No comments: