Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Stress and Anxiety!

Hi folks,

How's your week going?  I hope it's not too bad for you.  I remember when I was younger, still working, raising children and was involved in other activities, how stress and anxiety would creep their heads into my life.  Actually, they still, from time to time.  I suppose that's true for all of us, no matter how old you are, or what your circumstances are at the present time.  Stress and anxieties are just a part of living!  I wish they weren't.

What do you do to try to control them?  As for me, I turn to God.  But, I will admit the anxieties return very fast.  There are many things about ourselves that we can control, but anxiety is not one of them.  I wish it was and I'm sure you do also.  I put my faith in God because He is the only one who can truly help me. 

Unfortunately, unless another person is in the exact same circumstances as you, no one else can understand what you're going through.  That is sad because many times what we need is to share with someone we love how we feel and we can't.  That's why I turn to God.  He's the only one who will listen to me and try to help me.  Fear is another feeling that we can't really control.  Perhaps you suffer from the fear of something.  Whether it's a legitimate fear or not, it exists for you and many times, no one else can understand that.  Many times, fear occurs for legitimate reasons that others can't understand.  They may think it's foolish, but it isn't to the person who suffers the fear.  It's very real.

I hope that if you are suffering from either of the above, that you have someone in your life who will be there for you and I also hope that you will turn to God for His help.  Don't be ashamed or embarrassed about being stressed, having anxieties and being afraid of something.  They are real feelings and are not just something fabricated. 

I know that with the Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons approaching, many people experience one or more of the above.  You are not alone, even if others don't understand you!  These things are real to you. 

Have a good week and always turn to God for stability. 
Susan

No comments: