Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Hello everyone!

Hi folks,

I'm sorry I haven't posted a new blog for a while, but I've been busy trying to prepare things for Christmas Eve, ahead of time.  I try to do one or two things each day, but it has been a bit harder for me during the last three weeks, because I injured the end of my tail bone, and it's been giving me a lot of pain.  It's not too bad when I'm on my feet, but I can't stay standing for very long, anytime.    Oh well, I suppose it could be worse, I could be bed ridden!  Actually, that's the only place that it doesn't hurt me.  But, of course, I can't stay in bed all day.

I am proud of myself because I've accomplished all the baking I wanted to do:  home made sugar cookies (my Mom's recipe), chocolate chip/walnut cookies, eight layer cookies, Praline cashews, Chex mix with M&M's and other goodies, three different kids of chocolate bark and a cooked turkey with stuffing (for Christmas Day).  My family all comes and spends Christmas Eve at our home.  I figure there will probably be about seventeen of us that evening for dinner. 

The turkey and stuffing is for Christmas Day.  It will be just my husband and myself, but after all the hustle the evening before, I have started to enjoy a quiet Christmas Day with just the two of us, and I want to keep it as work free as possible.  I've already frozen the turkey and filling for then and will make the gravy that day.  We'll also have a vegetable and lots of sweet desserts. 

All my shopping is complete, my hand made Christmas cards are mailed and hopefully, next week I'll have plenty of time to just relax and enjoy the holiday.  How about you?  I hope you all have a blessed Christmas with family and friends and that you, also, started early this year!  If not, try to do that next year.  There isn't any reason you can't start shopping for Christmas a couple of months into the new year.  It certainly makes for a more pleasant and relaxing Christmas season, especially if you are not ill.  Being ill does indeed, change how you handle everything!

Take a deep breath and relax before running around once again!  Enjoy those few precious moments you have of solitude and quiet.  They may be few and far between.  Be safe always and may God bless you and your loved ones.
Susan

No comments: