Thursday, December 7, 2017

Happy Thursday!

Hey everyone,
This will have to be short, as I have things I need to accomplish today.  Since I've gotten sick, I really don't accomplish too much in any given day.  By lunch time, I'm on the sofa with my feet up, for the rest of the day.

How are your Christmas plans coming?  I hope you started early, like I did.  All my gifts are wrapped in handmade felt Christmas bags, and I finished addressing my handmade Christmas cards, yesterday.  My Christmas Eve meal is pretty well planned out and I even started my cookie baking.  I have to admit that if I didn't start very, very early, I wouldn't be able to do what I like to do for Christmas.  I'm thankful to God for all His many blessings upon me and my family.

I'm still hand making lap size blankets for little children who are in the York Hospital Children's Ward and for the Children's Home of York.  My husband just delivered over forty of them, as well as about 30 stuffed animals, earlier this week.  I hope it will cheer the kids up and make them feel safe.

I hope you all will remember the true meaning of Christmas, and not let it get lost in the hoopla of gifts and parties.  We celebrate the anniversary of the birth of Jesus and we give thanks to God for His Son's life and His death upon a cross.  After all, He suffered and died to give us eternal life with Him in heaven.  That is, if we choose to live our lives as He directs us to!

Have a safe month of December, leading up to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Love your family and give thanks, always, for all the many blessings you do have!  May God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: