Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Now it's on to the New Year!

Hi everyone,

I trust you all had a blessed Christmas with family and/or friends.  My family all came to our home for Christmas Eve.  I loved every minute with each one of them.  Although I will  say that I was exhausted when I finally laid down in bed around 10:15pm.  Of course it took me a little while to fall asleep because my brain was still spinning from everything.  But, I wouldn't have changed one single thing. 

This was the first year in some time, that all six of my Grandsons were here, at the same time.  Of course, I had to take a photograph of them, because I am so extremely proud of each one of these young men.  Here's a photograph of them:

It seems like just such a short time ago that they were just young boys, doing crafts with Grandma.  I truly miss those very special times with them, but I understand that they are adults now and their days are very busy, what with either working, going to college, or both.  I love them so much, they'll never truly know just how much they mean to me!

My daughters and their mates are loving, caring, very special people and I'm also very proud of the six of them.  Family is what makes Christmas very, very special to me.  But, I have to say that I miss my Mom and Dad very much, especially at this time of year.  It's because of them, that I love Christmas so very much.  To me, it's a time for loving family and close friends, but mostly for giving thanks to God for giving us His baby Son on Christmas Day. 

I hope your Christmas was as special and loving as mine was.  Now New Year's Eve and the first day of 2018 is almost upon us.  We're not doing anything on New Year's Eve, but we will start the year off with pork and sauerkraut!  Not necessarily because we believe that you won't have luck in the new year without having it, but because we both love it!  But, it never hurts to get some help in the luck department!  haha.

All my best to each of you for a blessed new year of 2018.  Please remember to give thanks for every small blessing you receive, because we each are given many small blessings.  It's too bad that so many folks don't see all their may blessings, but choose to focus on the negative.  I am so very thankful to just wake up each morning, that truly is a blessing from God to me, every day!

Happy New Year!
Susan

No comments: