Thursday, November 1, 2018

I choose to be a Marian Helper? How about you?


Hi everyone,
I was just reading my newsletter, "Friends of Mercy," which they mail to me, and something in it caught my attention.  It was a story about a woman from Milwaukie, who's husband was in a nursing home.  His room mate was a gentleman who was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.  It seemed that he had very few visitors and they never stayed very long when they did come to visit.

This woman visited with her husband every day, trying to boost his moral and praying for him.  One day she asked the nurse about this other man and was informed that he was dying.  She then decided to say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for him before she went home.

Since the Chaplet was fairly new to her, she wasn't completely sure about how to say it.  She prayed it the best she knew how.  When she visited her husband the following day, she noticed that his roommate was very alert and eating his breakfast.  She didn't know if the Chaplet helped with this miracle or not, but she began saying it every day.

Jesus told all of us that He gave the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to the world through Saint Faustina, in words He told her to write into her diary.  Here they are:

"Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you.  Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death.  When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior.  Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation.  Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this Chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy.  I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy.  Through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will."

I strongly believe in Jesus' Divine Mercy and I try very hard to live every single day of my life as He wishes me to live.  I also try to pray the Chaplet every day during the three o'clock hour, which was the time period in which Jesus died.  If, for some reason I am unable to pray it at that time, I will pray it before falling asleep at night.

I encourage each of you to learn the Chaplet and pray it daily.  It truly has changed my life in so many ways and it definitely has helped me to accept my life and my illness every day.

Susan



No comments: